Awkward Pose is a powerful strengthening posture, and when done with Deep Breathing, Half Moon and Hands to Feet, it also concludes a sort of warm-up section in which you generate internal heat and loosen the muscles. Awkward Pose is very challenging for many people, making it excellent for instilling discipline and integrating control of the mind with the actions of the body.
- Improves overall body strengh
- Opens pelvis
- Relieves menstrual cramping
- Reduces fat pocket under buttocks
- Aligns skeletal system
- Good for digestion
- Relieves joint pain
- Relieves sciatica
- Improves flexibility in toes and ankles
- Exercises liver, intestines, and pancreas
- Strengthens and firms muscles of the thighs, calves, hips and upper arms
- Increases hip flexibility
- Increases blood circulation in the knees and ankles
- Relieves rheumatism, arthritis and gout in the legs
- Helps cure slipped discs and lumbago (low back pain)
26 Bikram Yoga Postures
This is the third article in a twenty-six article series dedicated to each of the Beginning Bikram Yoga postures. Images, videos, descriptions, outline of benefits, practice tips, insights and the revised version of the instructor’s dialogue for each pose of Bikram’s Beginning Yoga Class are included in these articles. Enjoy!
“Yoga reenergizes, reorganizes and revitalizes.”
Credit: bikramyoga.com, Bikram Yoga by Bikram Choudhury, wikipedia.org, scribd.com, video: BikramWestshore
We've been working on a new website! Whenever we read these posts, we're inspired to write our own private thoughts. Now you can write your own private thoughts at 130words.com. It's easy. It's private. It's free. Try it! Let us know what you think!
Pages: 1 2